Émonda SL 5 Disc is a lightweight carbon road bike with a balanced ride quality, superior handling characteristics and the added benefit of free speed thanks to aero tube shaping. It's a great choice for century rides on hilly terrain, windy flats and speedy descents.
It's right for you if...
You want the performance of a light, fast carbon bike at a great value. You're a new racer or dedicated road rider looking to upgrade from an aluminium bike, and you want dependable parts, confident stopping power and the weight savings and ride quality of an aerodynamic OCLV Carbon frame.
The tech you get
A lightweight and aerodynamic 500 Series OCLV Carbon frame and fork, a full Shimano 105 11-speed drive train, powerful flat-mount Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, internal cable routing for clean looks and Bontrager Tubeless Ready wheels.
The final word
This light and aerodynamic bike is flat-out fast up climbs and on straightaways. It delivers all the stopping power and control you'll need for big descents. The hydraulic disc brake upgrade and reliable drivetrain make it a great choice for your first carbon road bike.
Why you'll love it
- You get a lot for your money: Émonda SL 5 Disc is light, fast, fun to ride and ready to race
- Aerodynamic tube shaping makes this our fastest Émonda SL platform ever – on flats and climbs alike
- It makes the perfect high-value upgrade from an aluminium road bike
- Hydraulic disc brakes give you stopping power and control in any weather, on any road
- Like every Émonda, it's built to be the lightest and fastest in its class and backed by our lifetime warra