- Powerfly 5 is a highly capable electric mountain bike for a great value. It pairs a high-end Bosch e-MTB drive system with durable mountain bike components built to stand up to the trail. Plus, it features our user-friendly Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system that fully encases the battery in the frame, yet doesn't require tools for removal. This bike is versatile, capable and ready for adventure.
It's right for you if...
You've seen the e-bike light and want to expand your boundaries. Like us, you believe that nothing should stand between you and your next great ride, including big climbs, headwinds and rugged trails you wouldn't otherwise be able to explore.
The tech you get
A lightweight and durable aluminium frame that fully encases a 625 Wh battery for sleek looks and protection on the trail, a Bosch Performance CX (250 W, 75 Nm) motor that assists up to 25 km/h and an ergonomic Bosch Purion controller. A RockShox Recon RL fork with 120 mm (XS: 80 mm) of travel and a SRAM 1x12 drive train. Bontrager Kovee Comp 23 tubeless-ready wheels.
The final word
With Powerfly 5, you get parts upgrades that make a big difference riding off-road, like an air-spring fork that's smooth and adjustable for your own weight, plus more powerful 4-piston brakes and wheels that make it easy to ditch the tubes for better traction and flat protection.
Why you'll love it
- The new, better-than-ever Bosch motor is smaller, lighter and more efficient. It feels more natural while you’re pedalling, and has less drag when you’re not
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
- The Purion controller has Walk Assist and an intelligent eMTB mode that automatically delivers the right amount of power based on your terrain
- The SRAM Eagle drive train gives you a lot of gears and a wider gear range, so you can always find the right cadence for getting the most out of the motor
- You can boost your Powerfly’s utility by adding a rack and mudguards, plus built-in wiring lets you easily install lights powered by the motor