Checkpoint SL 5 is a carbon gravel bike made for epic all-road adventures. It's built with a Shimano GRX drive train and hydraulic disc brakes, but the defining feature of this model is the lightweight OCLV Carbon frame with IsoSpeed, a decoupler at the top tube/seat tube junction that provides additional compliance over rough terrain so you can stay stronger for longer.
It's right for you if...
Chamois or cut-off shorts, bikepacking trip or brutal day of gravel racing – you're going to ride far, go fast and have a great time. You'd rather spend your money on a lightweight carbon frame than a top-of-the-line drive train, but you still expect your workhorse gravel bike to perform. You want a bike that's both fast and comfortable, and you want endless carrying options for gravel races and everyday adventures.
The tech you get
A 500 Series OCLV Carbon frame with Rear IsoSpeed and rack and mudguard mounts, a 2x11 Shimano GRX drive train with lower gears for grinding up hills or through rough gravel, hydraulic disc brakes for all-condition stopping power, wide 700x40c gravel tyres for added stability and traction, and a vibration-absorbing handlebar.
The final word
Light, fast, comfortable. Checkpoint SL 5 is a carbon gravel bike that nails this trifecta. A quality group set, massive tyre clearance, options for carrying gear, an OCLV Carbon frame with IsoSpeed and a ride quality that can't be matched.
Why you'll love it
- The IsoSpeed decoupler cuts down on fatiguing bumps in gravel so you can wander more, reach new places and stay stronger for longer
- This bike is exceedingly versatile and suited to a wide variety of riding styles, including gravel rides, bikepacking and daily commutes
- Extra mounts on the top tube, seat tube and both sides of the down tube make it easy to carry extra gear and water
- Massive tyre clearance means you can use tyres up to 45 c for extra traction and stability in any conditions
- The Stranglehold Dropout makes it easy to fine-tune your geometry or run singlespeed