Nukeproof Reactor RS 290 2022
- UK & IRELAND SHIPPING
- Click and collect available
- call 01334 838989 with any questions
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
By combining its advanced UD woven carbon fibre frame with RockShox Lyric forks, a RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate rear shock and a SRAM AXS Eagle 12-Speed Wireless drivetrain, the Reactor 290 RS model is equipped to dominate any trail.
SRAM AXS Eagle Wireless Gears and DT Swiss Wheels
From concept through to design, Kinematics, geometry and specification, the RS model is designed from the ground up to be the ultimate aggressive trail bike. It's the hooligan option in the Reactor range, with a host of upgrades to make it burlier than the rest. It features a RockShox Lyrik Ultimate RC2 forks (150mm) up front, a RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT rear shock and Nukeproof's award-winning carbon handlebars. There's also 4 Pot SRAM Code RSC disc brakes (with sintered pads), a SRAM ASX Eagle 12-Speed wireless drivetrain with Carbon X1 Cranks and DT Swiss XM1700 Spline 30 wheelset.
To optimise the weight, strength and stiffness, the Reactor Carbon frame features a full UD woven carbon fibre frameset (Including chain and seat stays). It is available for 27.5” or 29” wheel sizes. These are two totally different, compromise-free frames that were designed and developed at the same time. Each frame is simply tailored around each wheel size.
Speed or play: which do you value more? The manoeuvrability of 27.5” or the raw speed of a 29”?
All Reactor frames feature a “flip chip” to adjust the geometry from “Trail” to “Rail mode”.
Trail – As the name suggests, this setting is best suited for trail riding. It is for riders who get as much enjoyment from the climb as the descents.
Rail - The Rail setting turns the Reactor into a corner shredder, dropping the bottom bracket 6mm and slackening the head angle by half a degree. It is there to maximise the descending capabilities.
To ensure the bike could climb as well as it descends, we designed the 4 bar horst linkage to have higher levels of anti-squat for climbing gears but lower levels when you drop down the cassette. This means that the bike can behave itself on the climbs but when you get it up to speed, it turns into a trail hooligan. The combination of low anti-squat and progressive rate give ultimate small bump compliance (removes rough trail and root chatter) with good mid stroke support for cornering/pumping and end stroke progression for aggressive riding. Balanced anti-rise figures allow the Reactor some squat when braking hard, maintaining rider position and providing a good amount of pressure through the tyre to ensure traction. The Reactor is designed to reward the rider and ensure you get that stoke factor in on any ride.
- Frame: Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon, 130mm rear travel, UD woven Carbon Fibre frame, internal cable routing, ISCG 05 mounts, Enduro bearings, Threaded 73mm BB, Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured rubber frame protection
- Fork: RockShox Lyrik Ultimate Charger 2.1 RC2 150mm, 42mm Offset, BOOST, Debonair, Gloss Red
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT, Custom 320 tune, 210x50mm, Bearing End, 1x bottomless token fitted
- Headset: Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS
- Stem: Nukeproof Horizon, 45mm, Black
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon Carbon V2, 25mm Rise, Width: S: 780mm; M: 780mm; L: 800mm; XL: 800mm
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
- Shifter: SRAM AXS Eagle Wireless 12-Speed, Red
- Crankset: SRAM X1 Carbon Eagle 12-Speed, 170mm, 30T, B148, DUB
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed
- Cassette: SRAM X01 Eagle 12-Speed, CS XG1295 Eagle 10-52T
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM AXS X01 Eagle Wireless 12-Speed, Red
- Brakes: SRAM Code RSC hydraulic disc brakes, sintered pads
- Front Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 200mm
- Rear Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 180mm
- Front Wheel: DT Swiss XM1700 Spline 30, 29", 6 Bolt, 110x15mm
- Rear Wheel: DT Swiss XM1700 Spline 30, 29", 6 Bolt, XD Driver, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Front: Maxxis Assegai 29x2.5" WT 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR; Rear: Maxxis Dissector 29x2.4" WT 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR
- Seatpost: Bikeyoke Revive Stealth with Triggy Long Lever; M:160mm drop; L:185mm drop; XL:213mm drop
- Weight: 13.86kg (Medium, Tubeless)