Primed and ready to roll efficiently over the roughest terrain, the Reactor Pro 29er brings you the precise handling and rolling speed required to stay in control on technical trails. With an aluminium/carbon frame as it’s platform, which is paired with RockShox suspension, it will thrive on all surfaces. Plus, its wide-range SRAM GX 1x12 gears give you the range you need for any riding situation.
From concept through to design, the Kinematics, the geometry and specification; the Reactor is designed from the ground up to be the ultimate aggressive trail bike. It is at home on technical climbs, but happiest when thrashing the most technical trails you can point it at. The Alloy Reactor features a custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set and carbon seat stays, which help reduce the overall weight of the frameset. Critically this reduces the unsprung weight; making the suspension as active as possible. The Reactor is available for 27.5” or 29” wheel sizes. These are two totally different, compromise-free frames that were designed and developed at the same time. Each frame is simply tailored around each wheel size.
Speed or play: which do you value more? The manoeuvrability of 27.5” or the raw speed of a 29”?
All Reactor frames feature a “flip chip” to adjust the geometry from “Trail” to “Rail mode”.
Trail – As the name suggests, this setting is best suited for trail riding. It is for riders who get as much enjoyment from the climb as the descents.
Rail - The Rail setting turns the Reactor into a corner shredder, dropping the bottom bracket 6mm and slackening the head angle by half a degree. It is there to maximise descending capabilities.
To ensure the bike could climb as well as it descends, Nukeproof designed the 4 bar horst linkage to have higher levels of anti-squat for climbing gears but lower levels when you drop down the cassette. This means that the bike can behave itself on the climbs but when you get it up to speed, it turns into a trail hooligan. The combination of low anti-squat and progressive rate give ultimate small bump compliance (removes rough trail and root chatter) with good mid stroke support for cornering/pumping and end stroke progression for aggressive riding. Balanced anti-rise figures allow the Reactor some squat when braking hard, maintaining rider position and providing a good amount of pressure through the tyre to ensure traction. The Reactor is designed to reward the rider and ensure you get that stoke factor on any ride.
- Frame: Nukeproof Reactor 290 Alloy, 130mm Travel, custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set for front triangle and chain stays, UD woven carbon fibre Seat stays, internal cable routing, internal cable routing, ISCG 05 mount, Enduro bearings, threaded 73mm BB, Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured rubber frame protection
- Fork: RockShox Pike Select + Charger 2 RC 140mm, 42mm Offset, BOOST, Debonair, Gloss Black
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Select+ RT, Custom ML 320 tune, 210x50mm, Bearing End, 1x bottomless token fitted
- Headset: Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron AM, 45mm, black
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon V2, 25mm Rise, Width: S: 780mm; M: 780mm; L: 800mm; XL: 800mm
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
- Shifter: SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed
- Crankset: SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed, 170mm, 32T, B148, DUB
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed
- Cassette: SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed, CS XG1275 EAGLE 10-52T
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed
- Brakes: SRAM Guide RE hydraulic disc brakes
- Front Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 200mm
- Rear Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 180mm
- Front Wheel: Nukeproof Neutron V2 29", Tubeless Ready, 32h, 110x15mm
- Rear Wheel: Nukeproof Neutron V2 29", Tubeless Ready, 32h, SRAM XD Driver with 36 points of engagement, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Front: Maxxis Assegai 29”x2.5 WT 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR; Rear: Maxxis Dissector 29”x2.4 WT 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR
- Seatpost: Brand X Ascend internal, 31.6mm, S: 125mm drop; M: 150mm drop; L/XL: 170mm Drop
- Weight: TBC
- Flip Chip Adjustable Suspension Geometry: All models of the Reactor feature a "flip-chip", so that the bike geometry can be easily adjusted from "Trail" to "Rail" mode without having to custom tune your suspension setup. The Trail setting is best suited for pumping and carving your rhythm and style into the mountainside and still caters for rides who love the climb as much as the descent. On the other hand, the Rail setting turns the Reactor into an adrenaline-fuelled gravity tamer. Dropping the bottom bracket height by 6mm and slackening the head angle by half a degree, these changes give this Reactor greater stability and control when the trail leans downhill towards vertical.
- Nukeproof 4-Bar Horst Linkage Suspension Design: Ensuring the bike can climb as well as it descends, Nukeproof focussed on fine-tuning their 4-Bar Horst linkage suspension setup to give higher levels of anti-squat performance when higher up the cassette in the climbing gears, but also to deliver greater trail-gobbling performance when you drop down the cassette and begin descending the mountain. This means that the bike behaves itself on the climbs and grips with unprecedented traction and efficiency when making your way back towards sea-level. When you get it up to speed and drop a few gears to carry momentum, this bike turns into a trail hooligan and helps you carve the trail with style. The combination of low anti-squat and progressive suspension-rate give it the ultimate in small bump compliance (removes rough trail and root chatter) with good mid-stroke support for cornering/pumping and end stroke progression for aggressive riding. With balanced anti-rise suspension performance, the Reactor provides some squat when braking hard, maintaining rider position and providing a good amount of pressure through the tyre to ensure stability and traction. The Reactor is designed to reward the rider and ensure you get that stoke factor in on any ride.