Nukeproof Reactor 290 Elite Carbon Bike (SLX) 2021
- UK & IRELAND SHIPPING
- Click and collect available
- call 01334 838989 with any questions
- Low stock - 1 item left
- Inventory on the way
Nukeproof Reactor 290 Elite Carbon Bike (SLX)
Combining the responsiveness and lower weight of a UD Carbon frame with smooth performing, slick operating components, the Reactor Elite 29er trail bike will have you dominating the trails like a pro. It comes kitted out with Fox Performance Elite suspension front and rear, plus a full Shimano SLX 1x12-speed Groupset.
From concept through to design, the Kinematics, the geometry and specification; the Reactor is designed from the ground up to be the ultimate aggressive trail bike. It is at home on technical climbs, but happiest when thrashing the most technical trails you can point it at. To optimise the weight, strength and stiffness, the Reactor Carbon frame features a full UD woven carbon fibre frameset (Including chain and seat stays). It is available for 27.5” or 29” wheel sizes. These are two totally different, compromise-free frames that were designed and developed at the same time. Each frame is simply tailored around each wheel size.
Speed or play: which do you value more? The manoeuvrability of 27.5” or the raw speed of a 29”?
All Reactor frames feature a “flip chip” to adjust the geometry from “Trail” to “Rail mode”.
Trail – As the name suggests, this setting is best suited for trail riding. It is for riders who get as much enjoyment from the climb as the descents.
Rail - The Rail setting turns the Reactor into a corner shredder, dropping the bottom bracket 6mm and slackening the head angle by half a degree. It is there to maximise descending capabilities.
To ensure the bike could climb as well as it descends, Nukeproof designed the 4 bar horst linkage to have higher levels of anti-squat for climbing gears but lower levels when you drop down the cassette. This means that the bike can behave itself on the climbs but when you get it up to speed, it turns into a trail hooligan. The combination of low anti-squat and progressive rate give ultimate small bump compliance (removes rough trail and root chatter) with good mid stroke support for cornering/pumping and end stroke progression for aggressive riding. Balanced anti-rise figures allow the Reactor some squat when braking hard, maintaining rider position and providing a good amount of pressure through the tyre to ensure traction. The Reactor is designed to reward the rider and ensure you get that stoke factor on any ride.
- Frame: Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon, 130mm Travel, UD woven Carbon Fibre frame, internal cable routing, ISCG 05 mounts, Enduro bearings, Threaded 73mm BB, Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured rubber frame protection
- Fork: Fox 36 Float, Performance Elite Series, Grip 2 Damper, 140mm, 44mm Offset, BOOST, Black (SHORT ID: D6GC)
- Shock: Fox Float DPX2, Performance Elite Series, 3 Position, LV EVOL, Custom CL, DRL, Rezi A F F tune, 210x50mm, Bearing End, 1x 0.3 spacer fitted. (SHORT ID: D6TB)
- Headset: Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS
- Stem: Nukeproof Horizon, 50mm, Black
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon V2, 25mm Rise, Width: M: 780mm, L: 800mm, XL: 800mm
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
- Shifter: Shimano SLX M7100-IR, 12-speed Rapidfire Plus, I-Spec EV
- Crankset: Shimano SLX M7100 12-Speed, Hollowtech 2, 170mm, 30T, 52mm Chainline
- Chain: Shimano SLX M7100 HG 12-speed Inc Quicklink
- Cassette: Shimano SLX M7100-12, 12-Speed (HYPERGLIDE+), 10-51T
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano SLX M7100, SGS 12-Speed, Shadow Plus
- Brakes: Shimano SLX M7120, 4 Pot Brake, Metallic Pads with Fins
- Front Rotor: Shimano SM-RT66, 203mm
- Rear Rotor: Shimano SM-RT66, 180mm
- Front Wheel: DT Swiss M1900 SPLINE 29", 6 Bolt, 110x15mm
- Rear Wheel: DT Swiss M1900 SPLINE 29", 6 Bolt, Shimano Microspline Driver, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Front: Maxxis Assegai 29”x2.5 WT 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR; Rear: Maxxis Dissector 29”x2.4 WT 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR
- Seatpost: Brand X Ascend internal with Shimano SL-MT500-IL Remote lever, M: 150mm drop; L/XL: 170mm drop
- Weight: 14.5 kg / 31.9lbs (Tubeless)