Nukeproof Reactor 290 Comp Alloy 2021
At home on all trails, whether you're smashing down a descent or attacking a tough climb, the Reactor Comp 29er uses its light and strong aluminium/carbon frame to deliver an agile and efficient ride. The advanced frame is enhanced by a trail-smoothing Marzocchi/RockShox suspension package and a Shimano Deore 1x12-speed groupset.
The Alloy Reactor features a custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set and carbon seat stays, which help reduce the overall weight of the frameset. Critically this reduces the unsprung weight; making the suspension as active as possible. The Reactor is available for 27.5” or 29” wheel sizes. These are two totally different, compromise-free frames that were designed and developed at the same time. Each frame is simply tailored around each wheel size.
Speed or play: which do you value more? The manoeuvrability of 27.5” or the raw speed of a 29”?
All Reactor frames feature a “flip chip” to adjust the geometry from “Trail” to “Rail mode”.
Trail – As the name suggests, this setting is best suited for trail riding. It is for riders who get as much enjoyment from the climb as the descents.
Rail - The Rail setting turns the Reactor into a corner shredder, dropping the bottom bracket 6mm and slackening the head angle by half a degree. It is there to maximise descending capabilities.
To ensure the bike could climb as well as it descends, Nukeproof designed the 4 bar horst linkage to have higher levels of anti-squat for climbing gears but lower levels when you drop down the cassette. This means that the bike can behave itself on the climbs but when you get it up to speed, it turns into a trail hooligan. The combination of low anti-squat and progressive rate give ultimate small bump compliance (removes rough trail and root chatter) with good mid stroke support for cornering/pumping and end stroke progression for aggressive riding. Balanced anti-rise figures allow the Reactor some squat when braking hard, maintaining rider position and providing a good amount of pressure through the tyre to ensure traction. The Reactor is designed to reward the rider and ensure you get that stoke factor on any ride.
- Frame: Nukeproof Reactor 275 Alloy, 130mm Travel, custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set for front triangle and chain stays, UD woven carbon fibre Seat stays, internal cable routing, internal cable routing, ISCG 05 mount, Enduro bearings, threaded 73mm BB, Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured rubber frame protection
- Fork: Marzocchi Bomber Z2, 140mm, 44mm Offset, BOOST, RAIL Damper, Gloss Black (SHORT ID: D6S2)
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Select R, Custom ML Tune, 210x50mm, Bearing End, 1x bottomless token fitted
- Headset: Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron AM, 45mm, black
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Neutron V2 25mm Rise, Width: S:780mm; M:780mm; L:800mm; XL:800mm
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
- Shifter: Shimano Deore M6100-IR, 12-speed Rapidfire Plus, I-Spec EV
- Crankset: Shimano Deore M6100 12 Speed Crank, 170mm, 32T, 52mm Chainline
- Chain: Shimano Deore M6100 12-Speed
- Cassette: Shimano Deore M6100 12-Speed (HYPERGLIDE+), 10-51T
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore M6100, SGS 12-Speed, Shadow Plus
- Brakes: Shimano Deore M6120 4 pot brake, Resin Pads
- Front Rotor: Shimano SM-RT66, 203mm
- Rear Rotor: Shimano SM-RT66, 180mm
- Front Wheel: Sun-Ringle Duroc 35 Comp 29", 15x110mm
- Rear Wheel: Sun-Ringle Duroc 35 Comp 29", Shimano Microspline Driver, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Front: Maxxis Assegai 29”x2.5 WT 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR; Rear: Maxxis Dissector 29”x2.4 WT 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR
- Seatpost: Brand X Ascend internal, 31.6mm, S:125mm drop; M: 150mm drop; L/XL: 170mm Drop
- Weight: 14.68 kg / 32.3lbs (Tubeless)
- Flip Chip Adjustable Suspension Geometry: All models of the Reactor feature a "flip-chip", so that the bike geometry can be easily adjusted from "Trail" to "Rail" mode without having to custom tune your suspension setup. The Trail setting is best suited for pumping and carving your rhythm and style into the mountainside and still caters for rides who love the climb as much as the descent. On the other hand, the Rail setting turns the Reactor into an adrenaline-fuelled gravity tamer. Dropping the bottom bracket height by 6mm and slackening the head angle by half a degree, these changes give this Reactor greater stability and control when the trail leans downhill towards vertical.
- Nukeproof 4-Bar Horst Linkage Suspension Design: Ensuring the bike can climb as well as it descends, Nukeproof focussed on fine-tuning their 4-Bar Horst linkage suspension setup to give higher levels of anti-squat performance when higher up the cassette in the climbing gears, but also to deliver greater trail-gobbling performance when you drop down the cassette and begin descending the mountain. This means that the bike behaves itself on the climbs and grips with unprecedented traction and efficiency when making your way back towards sea-level. When you get it up to speed and drop a few gears to carry momentum, this bike turns into a trail hooligan and helps you carve the trail with style. The combination of low anti-squat and progressive suspension-rate give it the ultimate in small bump compliance (removes rough trail and root chatter) with good mid-stroke support for cornering/pumping and end stroke progression for aggressive riding. With balanced anti-rise suspension performance, the Reactor provides some squat when braking hard, maintaining rider position and providing a good amount of pressure through the tyre to ensure stability and traction. The Reactor is designed to reward the rider and ensure you get that stoke factor in on any ride.